UA-22135472-1

Friday, September 21, 2012

Fun & Work at the Interior Design Show

THE FUN.................................................

Next week is the Interior Design Show in Vancouver and that means 3 days of interior design goodness for me.  Not just that but I will be hanging with my best Vancouver girls when the West Coast Design and Lifestyle Bloggers descend upon the event en masse.  The icing on the cake is a private party on Saturday night where 50+ bloggers will eat, drink and laugh our way into the wee hours of the morning.  Maybe I'll be alone in the wee hours but whatever, it's gonna be a fun night.  Here's a photo from opening night last year.  Note that Sheila Zeller and I wore the same shoes but we didn't even call each other first.  Sheila, please send me an outline of your wardrobe choices for this year asap.  Approval pending.

THE WORK..........................

For the last month I've been consulting with a local company who will be attending the show with a booth.  I've been helping them to understand the design industry and focus on a model that works to include Interior Designers.  I have also been planning their booth with them.  They are concrete fabricators and they make dining tables, countertops, sinks, urns, pillars and loads of other cool stuff that I totally want in my house.  Their stuff is over the top fabulosity and they want to showcase it properly so I've been shopping to accessorize the booth without overpowering their products.  Believe me, this is a dream job and not all interior design gigs are quite this sweet.  

The first area is a bathroom space and I have a very limited little area to play around with.  It needs to scream luxury bath in 1 square foot.  I decided on a stool with some bath accessories but was struggling with how to make an impact with only a stool.  So far it was good on top but I needed something else.  There way way too much empty space below.  Head scratching and finger tapping commenced until a solution was found.

The second "shelf" was created by using an organic piece of wood that I originally purchased for the kitchen table I'm styling for them.  

I am totally stealing this idea (from myself) to use in my own bathroom.

Here's a shot without the shelf...
Hello boring. 

Just polished enough without being over the top.  

I'm kinda loving this you guys.  Simple solutions are always the best, aren't they?  Finally, Willis would like a shout out as he feels it's been way too long since I've mentioned him on the blog.  I leave you with this.  We like to call it "Pig eating Chicken".

18 comments:

  1. So excited to meet you next weekend Carol!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - those shoes just might resurface - gasp! ;-) Counting down the days and looking forward to seeing everyone, to meeting new peeps, too! LOVE what you did with the styling - such a stroke of genius, and it looks amazing. So warm and spa-like. Congratulations on this design job - can't wait to see the booth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i just love that olivewood as a second shelf. too smart... maybe i should find something that needs another ledge..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing you at idsWest this year! I'm happy that I'm not going to be shooting it, so I can see everyone. I love your styling - very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could go! Sounds like a blast. And that darn Willis is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I would love to get together with a bunch of blogger friends here. You are so close to Sheila! Great idea on the shelf- looks really nice! Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see you next weekend! I won;t be at the opening night but will be there Sat! And I need shoes ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing event for a Designer!! Love that you got to hang out with other design bloggers:) Oh and Willis! No wonder he wanted some more attention. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun job to work on! Brilliant second shelf idea. :) Look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have those same shoes! Unfortunately I won't make it this year, but I have it pencilled in for next year. Would love to meet all you lovely ladies. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty sure I have those shoes too...Nine West, right? Haha! I'm looking forward to seeing you and this fabulous booth at the show this weekend. Willis and chicken cracks me up! Looks like he's either strangling it or hugging it...;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you did to the chair, definitely gives a special touch as you cannot buy such things in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was definitely a fun weekend wasnt it? Ooh i like that shelf.. Such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good blog, super super article presented. Some of the concept are new, which is very rarely we can see any where and there so many attaractive things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are many creative designer who have best ideas for interior designing and they always do work with step by step. They always select theme first.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs