UA-22135472-1

Monday, October 1, 2012

Vintage Overload

When you love vintage like I do it can be a challenge to find the right thing at the right time. Some days you've got it and some days you don't.  Luckily for me, there were a couple of "got it" days recently and I hit the jackpot.

First up was a visit to my friend Lily's new vintage shop just outside of Vancouver.  Spruce Collective is the collaborative effort of 4 friends who share a love of vintage and it's packed  with amazing finds.  Here are a few of the goodies I left with.
1.  2 vintage Ball jars in that much coveted blue glass heading for the dining room.
2.  This is a tray but has hooks for hanging.
3.  My daughter loves to write stories so I couldn't pass this up.

I did some thrifting this weekend with my friend Sheila and she has an amazing eye for vintage finds.  As a result, I walked away at the end of the day with some loot that I probably would have walked right by.  Thanks Sheila!  You're a good friend and a brilliant shopping companion.
1.  This little cutie is getting a new coat of paint and will go in my daughter's room.
2.  Yes, it does actually work.  Score!
3.  Sheila found this and now it sits on my counter filled with slices of banana bread.  I am officially a suburban mom now!
4.  Stonewear teapot that totally reminds me of my childhood but I don't know why.  Did we have one of these mom?

And that's what I did this weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Oh sweet scores, both vintage and thrifty. I'll be making another trek out to Spruce Collective too. I purchased some balls at their grand opening on Friday...vintage snooker balls that is! It really is a treasure trove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I had the thrifting gift (I usually end up with old tat that keeps me awake at night)! I love those beautiful bell jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am in a pet store, when I vintage shop...you are coming home with me, and you, and you....now my garage is full of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds and I'll have to look that shop up next time I'm over there - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome finds! love the sunshine tray and LOVE the typewriter art! cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! The little typewrite art print is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome to shop with! Definitely would have talked myself right out of a few things if you weren't there. Thank you for the introductions to the shops... so looking forward to a 'next' time :-) Was great to spend this time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never had a stoneware teapot, but for sure it's got that Seventies grooviness. I do love that wee "write" picture, my daughter would have liked that too, she is always scribbling the words to songs on bits of scrap paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a chair like that in my bedroom growing up!
    Hmmmmm...I wonder what happened to it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are all great finds Carol~What great team you two make!! Score is right!! Lucky daughter too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun finds! I wish there was a good thrift shop here in Dubai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great finds! I wish I could have it up Spruce Collectie while I was in the area, they seem to have a lot of great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Ive been in a vintage obsession lately as well.. so many treasures out there to be found :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs